Sometimes it’s difficult working with other people. Even though the first place to look is on our own side of the fence, it’s not always easy.
Besides, if you’re feeling superior or judgmental, it’s not going to go well.
I’ve seen people play games like pretending to be interested, but when they’re not around eyes roll and the avoidance game begins.
Before you run away, consider that every single person on this earth knows something that you don’t know.
Here are 5 ways to open your mind and your heart to others that you are working with.
- 1 + 1 = 3 When you are working with others, the sum is always greater than the sum of each of its parts. Now you can combine your skills, resources, and actions.
- Shared accomplishments It’s so nice to receive acknowledgement for a job well done. Plus, when you give it to others, it feels really great to see their smile. Invite each other into greatness.
- Support Lifting can be hard unless there is someone there to give you a hand. Support from others makes life so much easier. Asking for help and giving it makes everyone feel good.
- New ideas Other people have a different point of view and when you’re looking at the project from more angles, then there is less of a chance you’ll miss something important.
- Growth Ask yourself what you can learn from others. There is always a way to grow, even if you decide that you’ll never do what they just suggested.
Humans are messy to be with, but the beauty of working with others and learning to handle our own messes is worth the effort.
Take the risk and discover something new.